10 Oca 2010

Karli Kayin Ormani / Snowy Beech Forest

Siir \ Poem: Nazim Hikmet, Beste \ composed by: Zulfu Livaneli, ceviri\ translation: b. (not a very good one though)



Karlı kayın ormanında

Yürüyorum geceleyin

Efkarlıyım, efkarlıyım


Elini ver nerde elin



In the snowy beech forest


I am walking, at night.


I am sad, sad I am.


Give me your hand, where is it?




memleket mi, yıldızlar mı,


gençliğim mi daha uzak?


kayınların arasında


bir pencelere sarı sıcak



My country, the starts,


or my youth, which one is further away?


Between the beech trees,


there is a window; yellow and warm.



ben ordan geçerken biri


amca dese gir içeri


girip yerden selamlasam


hane içindekileri

I wish when I am passing by


Someone says "uncle, come in"


then I get in,
and greet everyone inside



Yedi tepeli şehrimde


Bıraktım gonca gülümü


Ne ölümden korkmak ayıp


Ne de düşünmek ölümü



I my seven-hill city,

I left my rosebud


It is a shame neither to be afraid of dying,


nor to think about death.



(Istanbul is the seven-hill city, and as some says, Nazim is referring to his son as his rosebud)


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder