20 Eyl 2009

bayram

Eski bayramlar diyerek giriş yapayım ben de. Benim için eski olmasının bir sebebi de dünyanın başka bir ucunda bulunuyor olmam, burda bayram yok... En azından benim bildiğim şekilde...
I will start by saying "old bairams". I say "old", partially because I live on the other side of the world, and there is no bairam here... At least not in the way that I am used to...

Şeker bayramına dair en eski anılarım, komşuların kapılarını çalıp bayram kutlayıp şeker almaya dayanıyor. Bir keresinde bir arkadaşıma uyup başka apartmanlara da gittiğimde, annemin çok telaşlandığını hatırlıyorum bir de. Her ne kadar eskiden daha iyi olsa da, İstanbul'da komşuluk ilişkileri her zaman diğer şehirlerden daha soğuktu tabi.
My oldest memories of this candy bairam are when I knock on the neighbors' doors for candy. Once, following a friend, I went to different buildings for candy, and I remember how worried my mother was when she couldn't find me. Well, even though the relationships with the neighbors were much better when i was a kid, in Istanbul, these relationships have always been much worse as opposed to other cities in Turkey.

Bir de o günlerde kimse aman bu ramazan bayramı şeker bayramı değil gibi polimiklere girmezdi tabi. Bizim evde gelen misafire çikolatanın yanında mutlaka likör ikram edilirdi. Gittiğimiz her evde öyleydi. Tabiki random şample değil bahsettiğim, haliyle bizim yakınımızdakiler de bize benzerdi bir şekilde. Yani ne bileyim, likör içmese de içene bir şey deme hakları olduğunu düşünmezlerdi. Daha açık ifade edeyim, herkesin inancının kendine olduğunu bilirdi herkes. Hoşgörü vardı, ve bu çok büyük bir erdemdi. Toplumumuzun kaybettiği değerlerin en başında geliyor ne yazık ki. Gerci, bir yandan da diyorum ki zaten hiç de çok hoşgörülü bir toplum olmamışız, 80 darbesini ve öncesini düşünürsek...
And, at those times, people would not debate about the name of the bairam. We would offer some mint liquor and chocolate to the guests that came to our house during bairam., similar happened whenever we visited other people. Of course, it is not a random sample of people I am talking about, obviously people visit people that they like. But still, even if someone would not drink, they did not think that they could judge the ones who did. In other words, people were aware of the fact that everyone's religious beliefs are for themselves, not something to debate about. People were tolerant to each other, and tolerance was a virtue. Well, on the other hand, may be we were not so tolerant people after all, especially when one considers 1980 intervention and before...

Şeker bayramına geri gelirsek, herkesin bayram tarifi farklı... Beni bu bayramda en mutlu eden şey ananemin telefonda sesimi duyunca sesini şaran mutluluk. Ben tontonumu çok seviyorum, ve o beni gerçekten çok özlüyor ve ben ona bir şey olacak diye çok korkuyorum. Uzaklarda yaşamanın dile getirlimesi zor yanları...
Going back to the topic of bairam, everyone has a different description for it... For me, the most wonderful thing for this bairam happened when I called my grandmother. As soon as she heard my voice, I could hear the happiness in her voice. I love very much my sweet grandma, and she misses me a lot, and I am so afraid that something will happen to her. This is one of the difficulties of living so far. One of the difficulties that is hard even to talk about...

Bayram hakkinda yaziyorum di mi? En azindan daha neseli bitsin.
Well, this post is about bairam, so it should, at least, end happy.



Edit: Bir siirden birkac misra eklemek geldi icimden. 1950lerden bugune gelen, degismeyen dilekdiyelim biz buna. Nazim'dan tabiki de
Edit: I felt like adding a part of a poem to my post. Lets call this an unchanged wish, which are coming from Nazim, of course...

Yasamak, bir agac gibi tek ve hur
Ve bir orman gibi kardescesine
Bu hasret bizim

To live, like a tree, single and free
and, brotherly like trees in a forest
This longing is ours





Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder